MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration page very slow or not loading at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been having performance issues with our site, forums.caris.com. Specifically with the registration process. Once a user clicks the "I agree" button the next step (page - http://forums.caris.com/member.php?action=register) takes forever to load or doesn't load at all. There is also a great delay when trying to respond to a post as well.

Steps I've taken so far include disabling captcha, disabling GZip page compression and referrer option to no avail. This is a fairly new install, only a couple months old, version 1.8.3.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks 
Moved to 1.8 Support.

Does it get any better when you disable all plugins?
There's only one plugin active, Google Analytics (1.2.1) and I haven't tried to disable it. I guess we'll see in a minute. 

Nah, still really slow.
What's your server load say?
Same happen to me. I just install new mybb same version and import old database. And now it working fine.

It may happen due to some file problem or configuration problem.
(2015-01-13, 05:07 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]What's your server load say?

Very high CPU usage from httpd.exe when trying to load page. Running between 40 to 50 % usage just on that process causing the overall usage to fluctuate between 70 - 100% at times.  
Normally fresh installs without many plugins run fine. Are you on shared hosting?
(2015-01-13, 07:16 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Normally fresh installs without many plugins run fine.  Are you on shared hosting?

We host in-house on a VM. Right now we have 4 separate instances of Apache running 4 different sites.  
Update!

So after allocating additional resources to the server, the issue still persists. It seems to only impact performance when the user clicks the agree button during the registration process or when someone tries to reply to a post or create a post. 

Any suggestions as where to go from here?

Thanks 
So no one else has any suggestions or insight then?

Well, thanks anyway. I think we'll try a new fresh install and see what that gets us.
Pages: 1 2