MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do this without making a primary group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically what I want to do is make an extra usergroup with a special username style, and I want that username style to show up instead of all other usergroups he is in, but I don't want to make the extra usergroup his primary usergroup.

Incase you didn't understand:

Lets say Usergroup A is the group I want the username style to show up, and group b and group c are example groups.

So say the User is in group b and group c, I want to add this user to Group A and I want the username style for that group to show up, but I don't want to make his primary group group A because I want his primary usergroup to stay as Group B, but I don't want the username style for group B to show up, I want the username style for group A to show up.
And Before you say that I can just make group A their display usergroup, then their userbar for group B won't show up.

I want their userbar from group B to stay, but I want their username style to still be from group A.

So what would be the best way to do this?

Made some edits to the OP
in ACP >> Users & Groups >> Select the user >> Set the "Display User Group" as Usergroup A

so it will show the style of Group A irrespective of what his "Primary User Group" is...

(2015-01-13, 10:17 PM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]I want their userbar from group B to stay, but I want their username style to still be from group A.

Oops.. i noticed this line after replying... this is not possible... Toungue
(2015-01-14, 07:32 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]in ACP >> Users & Groups >> Select the user >> Set the "Display User Group" as Usergroup A

so it will show the style of Group A irrespective of what his "Primary User Group" is...

(2015-01-13, 10:17 PM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]I want their userbar from group B to stay, but I want their username style to still be from group A.

Oops.. i noticed this line after replying... this is not possible... Toungue

I have come up with a solution.
I have made 2 usergroups with group b and group c with the username effect of A.