MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings folks. I'm _Yank.
This last days I found that my forum were running an outdated version of mybb and I decided to update it (as the last verssion fixed some security issues and I've been SQL injected before).

Well, the update was successfully done (1.6.14 to 1.8.0 and then used the changed files patch to reach 1.8.3). Everything was going fine until I tried to work with plugins. Most of them wont even load or install. So I came here in order to get some help. Devilshakerz told me the problem was the fact of theme being made for an old version (1.6.x).

So, I wonder if anyone could help me porting this theme to 1.8.3. I know that it might be expensive and that but ufortunately I can't pay anything... I would be very grateful if someone did help me.
The theme is named hayden light.

So, yeah, that's it., thanks.
Well I can help you for free (not greedy) if you have small problems, PM me.
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

see also this guidance => basic theme upgrade from MyBB 1.6 to 1.8

or
it would be better to install & use a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x

MyBB 1.8.x compatible themes & plugins available at Extend section

some of the plugins coded for earlier 1.6.x version might work on MyBB 1.8.x by changing compatibility line
Well, I was kinda busy this last days... Tomorrow I might be back.
@.m.: Will be trying the guide you pointed me then
@Whoaranki: Alright, will tell you if anything goes wrong.
(2015-01-15, 04:18 PM)_Yank Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I was kinda busy this last days... Tomorrow I might be back.
@Whoaranki: Alright, will tell you if anything goes wrong.

OK dude
Actualy I fixed the problem ! I reverted the headerinclude template to original and it is now working just fine !
EDIT: Not at all, there's lots of problems now, some plugins aren't working properly, some options don't even work, etc (lots of bugs)

I would be very grateful if someone ported this theme to me...
So, is there anyone ?
I know that porting a theme is expensive and that asking this for free is kinda cheeky but, I really want this theme and I cannot do it myself. It is pretty much my forum topic and also, it looks very good, so, yeah...