MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gene Recreation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am wondering if enough of you remember this template I made but never released due to some hard drive issues. How much interest would I have selling this for $30-50. Would any of you consider purchasing it? I feel the MyBB premium niche is dead.

Thanks,
Jason L.

[Image: Gene.png]
In my opinion, it's not worth the $30, cause it's not that hard to create. But that's just my opinion.
Also, the "premium niche" is not dead. Maybe you're just selling on the wrong sites?
I'm sure after it was coded it'd be worth that Jason. xD Also I'd guess that the premium market is around 80% down from where it was 2-5 years ago.
(2015-01-14, 02:13 PM)Nayson Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, it's not worth the $30, cause it's not that hard to create. But that's just my opinion.
Also, the "premium niche" is not dead. Maybe you're just selling on the wrong sites?

I didn't know things were priced based on how hard they were to create. This theme was actually hard to create and was extremely modifed but that is just my opinion. Let's keep in mind we are only looking at one page of the template Smile. See my reply below about the premium niche. Thanks for the reply. 

(2015-01-14, 02:59 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure after it was coded it'd be worth that Jason. xD Also I'd guess that the premium market is around 80% down from where it was 2-5 years ago.

Hehe thanks Eric. It was coded and ready for sale but my hard drive failed and I lost everything. I'm trying to see if it is even worth me redoing it as it took me a lot of time to create this in the first place. The premium market definitely isn't where it was from when this template was completed. I don't even know if together we can revitalize it because it appears the community is more focused towards free/custom templates. However, it appears the age demographic has definitely declined as well. It is now much younger people with less money to spend on their websites. Granted there is nothing wrong with that and it is a free forum software but MyBB is a very powerful yet simple tool compared to the softwares you pay $150-300 for and that is what makes it so great. A few years ago myself and you guys over at AD had no issue with people paying our price tags..now the only people up to it is the people who have been around for years.
I think the theme looks very nice. It is worth a shot to make it a premium theme.

I recently switched my sites over to MyBB from Wordpress and IPB. Version 1.8 is leaps ahead of what it was prior and the speed and functionality of MyBB is why I switched. Not to mention, this community is great in comparison to others.

It does seem like there are younger people using MyBB , but I wouldn't let that discourage me if I were in your shoes.

I would take a guess that custom themes are more in now than before because people seem to be ripping premium themes. I don't really know of a way to stop people from doing that, honestly.
Yeah I'm unfortunately not even able to work on MyBB related things while I'm at work due to the amount of chargebacks and low sales (After I convinced Mike to let me redesign and update the themes). It can definitely be turned around it just needs a lot of quality pumped into it's resources rather than quantity imo.

I'm working on a couple cool things to bring some quality to installations and themes hopefully, but only time will tell. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know what those are (iMyBB is one of them xD).

But yeah, rather than follow along with the "MyBB is dead I'm just gonna leave" I'd rather really work to improve anything in my ability to.
If you still have the hard drive - maybe you could try File Scavenger on it and see if it's recoverable ?
This template will be available for 1.8 soon. Can anyone recommend a solution for selling digital products? I'd like to stay away from PayPal if I could so I don't have to deal with chargebacks.
(2015-05-27, 08:11 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]This template will be available for 1.8 soon. Can anyone recommend a solution for selling digital products? I'd like to stay away from PayPal if I could so I don't have to deal with chargebacks.

I personally love this theme.

I can help you with the selling aspect, give me a message!