MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore Formatting tools/options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering what happened to the bar which allows you to allign your text/images to the centre and make text bold and change text size and all of that type of stuff:

[Image: a3ecc2b391037e65771de01ba88c0c5f.png]

On my forum, it isn't there but I'm pretty sure it was at one point, not sure what happened to it:

[Image: 4b9f41178c2d3526010b54b625e051dd.png]

Does anyone know how I could bring this back?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to see for yourself, my website link: www.CRAGaming.com
basically you have to remove jQuery.noConflict(); line from myalerts.js file
and ensure that plugins are upgraded for use with MyBB 1.8.x (eg. is fit on page compatible ?)
(2015-01-15, 03:53 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically you have to remove jQuery.noConflict(); line from myalerts.js file
and ensure that plugins are upgraded for use with MyBB 1.8.x (eg. is fit on page compatible ?)

I just checked my plugins first and it's the myalert plugin that makes it not work but I need that plugin so people get alerted when people reply to comments they made on threads. :/

So I'm not really sure what to do.
have you removed suggested line in myalerts.js file ?
also change jQuery(document).ready(function($) to $(document).ready(function() and check
(2015-01-15, 04:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you removed suggested line in myalerts.js file ?
also change jQuery(document).ready(function($)  to $(document).ready(function() and check

I'm a newbie to all of this, where is myalerts.js located? Smile
^ well, myalerts.js file is located in jscripts folder of your MyBB files server
(2015-01-15, 04:19 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, myalerts.js file is located in jscripts folder of your MyBB files server

Sorry for my stupidity, haha.

This is what I get when I try and edit it:

[Image: e5f260ee8df06b60a37e86dde2ed4ecc.png]
Quote:also change jQuery(document).ready(function($) to $(document).ready(function() and check

Edit: how are you editing myalerts.js file ? you have to open it in a editor
(2015-01-15, 04:31 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:also change jQuery(document).ready(function($)  to $(document).ready(function() and check

Edit: how are you editing myalerts.js file ?  you have to open it in a editor

I was trying to do it via filezilla but it wasn't working, so I just want to my web hosters site and logged in to the control panel, went to file manager and edited it that way, I done exactly what you told me to do by deleting the first line and then editing the second line, saved and checked to see if the mybb code format was still there on replying/creating new threads and it's working with myalerts on, thanks for the help man, much appreciated!