MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment settings!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all i cant find the settings that every attachment which is posted needs an approval
and second is there a setting for a mimum post count required to download attachmentss? thanks!
1. ACP >> Forums and Posts >> Select Forum >> Permissions Tab >> Select "Set Custom Permissions" for a Group >> Moderation Tab >> Moderate new attachments?

2. In the same Custom Permissions page, under "Viewing" tab you have "Can download attachments?".... you can first create a group promotion and move users from registered (default) to another group and then give the download permission to the new group
1.should i check moderate new attachments or uncheck it?
thanks btw
2. will they know why they cant download an attachement?
check it to enable moderation...
lol i am a noob so if i check it it means they need approval right?
and then 2. will they know why they cant download an attachement?
(2015-01-16, 10:24 AM)curkill Wrote: [ -> ]1. so if i check it it means they need approval right?
2. will they know why they cant download an attachement?

1. Yes..
2. No. they will only see a no permissions page..
thanks dude Big Grin somebody should create a plugin for the 2. thing Big Grin
(2015-01-16, 10:37 AM)curkill Wrote: [ -> ]somebody should create a plugin for the 2. thing Big Grin

you dont need a plugin... use the group promotions and forum permissions to work together and achieve this... here's a quick guide....

1. First create a new user group,  ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Add New User Group, (lets name it "Senior Members")

2. ACP >> Users & Groups >> Group Promotions >> Add New Promotion, add a Title & Description, and set Promotion Requirements as Post Count, and set Post Count to 10 (greater than), Original User Group - Registered, New User Group - Senior Members, User Group Change Type - Primary

3. ACP >> Forums and Posts >> Select Forum >> Permissions Tab >> Select "Set Custom Permissions" for Registered >> Viewing Tab >> Can download attachments? >> Uncheck it

4. Select "Set Custom Permissions" for Senior Members >> Viewing Tab >> Can download attachments? >> Check it