MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a Private Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking into making a private discussion forum with MyBB and I need these features.
  • Only available to registered guests
  • A moderator must approve new members via a sign-up form
  • Content must not be indexed by Google and other search engines
  • Weekly/Daily email digest of new threads and posts
  • Email notifications of replies
  • Responsive clean looking theme
  • Reply to posts via email
  • No view counter
  • Date only shows if you visit a thread

In the future I might want to add a shopping cart. I'm trying to get people to migrate from a YahooGroup.

It seems easy to force users to login but what about the other features? What plugins would I need or how would I do this?
Only Available to registered can be done in forum permissions.
I am not sure you can do it with moderators but you can make administrator activation at signup.
And im not sure about the rest. except for email replies to email has to be done by a user.
But I am sure other plugins can do the job
Removing the view counter is possible cause Harajuku does it
Still need advice about these features. Should I just wait for Mybb 2?
^ as you would need a couple of custom plugins, if you are comfortable in paying then see the services available at RSJ section
What features are you referring to .m?
basically you need custom / premium works for below requirements
Quote:Weekly/Daily email digest of new threads and posts
Responsive clean looking theme
Reply to posts via email

(edited)
(2015-01-16, 07:34 PM)slickforum Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking into making a private discussion forum with MyBB and I need these features.
  • Only available to registered guests
  • A moderator must approve new members via a sign-up form
  • Content must not be indexed by Google and other search engines
  • Weekly/Daily email digest of new threads and posts
  • Email notifications of replies
  • Responsive clean looking theme
  • Reply to posts via email
  • No view counter
  • Date only shows if you visit a thread

In the future I might want to add a shopping cart. I'm trying to get people to migrate from a YahooGroup.

It seems easy to force users to login but what about the other features? What plugins would I need or how would I do this?

1. Elaborate, all registered members?
2. Do you mean on registration? If so, use admin activation. I believe there is a plugin somewhere that lets activation from modcp; it may have been for mybb 1.6 though....
3. Perhaps a .htaccess file can handle that? I've never really used a real web server before....
4. Probably need a plugin (beyond my skills)
5. This is a user preference; a plugin could probably force it, but I don't feel like developing such a plugin (probably feasible for me though).
6. Goto Admincp --> Forums --> The private forum you want to use --> Edit Settings and force a theme. If you're asking FOR a theme, make a request in the theme requests forum.
7. Why? Seems pointless to have a forum that way. Not sure if its even feasible with a plugin....
8. I believe adding a forum password works
9. Requires a plugin; again, don't ask me as I'm not interested in developing such a plugin.