MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New registrations not being accepted- says everyone is a spammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I upgraded from 1.6.x to 1.8.3 I haven't been getting any new members.

Today I tested the registration with a few test signups with various email addresses.

Every test I made returned a message "Our systems detect that you may be a spammer and therefore you have been denied registration. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the Administrator."

I checked the Config section  Home » Board Settings » Stop Forum Spam and changed all the options to no temporarily and tried again but no luck.

FYI I'm also running the Security Questions plugin.

Can anyone help me with this?

The forum URL is : http://www.vegas-after-dark.com/forums/m...n=register  if anyone would like to test it.
security questions is internal feature of MyBB 1.8.x and the plugin needs to be uninstalled.

have you updated the code in templates after upgrading to MyBB 1.8.x ?
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

esp. member_register template needs to be reverted

And it would be better to install & use a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
OK that seems to have worked. But now I see my registration security question has been disabled and the plugin page says it's not compatible with 1.8.3.

I have found I really need that question as my board has been a target for spammers in the past. The security questions stopped 90+ percent of the spammer signups.

Is there a new question plugin that works? I see there is one on the registration page for this forum- what is it? I did a search on the mods and plugins section and can't find one.
admin panel >> configuration >> Security Questions (at left side column menu)
Damn, I didn't even see that it was built in to the new version. Thanks!