MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Akismet for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I present to you the first screen shot of Akismet for MyBB made publically available!

[attachment=5508]

It uses a custom written class and as you can see it works brilliantly! Except for the part where my API key doesn't want to work on localhost

On a more serious tone, you will be seeing a lot more of this within the next week.
Awesome! All the best with the plugin, can be a great addition to a forum software.
For those of you who have no idea what this is, I've taken the liberty of asking Google. Wink
In short, anti-spam measures! Big Grin
Another great addition to stop spam bots Big Grin.
Wow...never heard of this before. I really don't run any blogs. Looks very interesting though. Personally I don't get much mybb spam but I am sure as the project grows spam protection will be needed.
You read my mind! I just downloaded the mod for punBB a couple days ago and was going to change it for MyBB.

Make sure you include buttons for reporting spam and ham for false negatives and false positives.
I've got an update for y'all:

[attachment=5547]

[attachment=5548]

In addition I've setup a site at http://rct3x.net/test/ so you can test it out yourself. Please note that I've removed the IP from being submitted to akismet (set to localhost) and you don't need a proper email as it's instant activation. I can set you up with access to the akismet part of the acp if you want.
wow! This is gonna be huge for us.
This is great. Another great improvement for MyBB.
What is mean of Akismet? I dont understand it.
Pages: 1 2