MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Convert From MyBB 1.8 To MyBB 1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, you read it right, how to convert from MyBB 1.8 to 1.6? Is it the same process as of converting MyBB 1.8 to MyBB 1.6 or a different process? Just asking because I don't want to lose my posts and members.
there is no ready made script to convert MyBB 1.8.x to MyBB 1.6.x
it is a manual work requiring good amount of time & efforts and you may have to hire someone experienced ..

can you tell us the main reason for reverting back to MyBB 1.6.x
(2015-01-17, 02:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]there is no ready made script to convert MyBB 1.8.x to MyBB 1.6.x
it is a manual work requiring good amount of time & efforts and you may have to hire someone experienced ..

can you tell us the main reason for reverting back to MyBB 1.6.x

I don't like MyBB 1.8, that's all, can you tell me how to do this manually?
in simple words, you should have a blank database with the data structure of MyBB 1.6.x and
take required fields data from MyBB 1.8.x database backup & import them into 1.6.x database.
Your best option is to restore a backup. Downgrades are not supported and you may be refused support for issues which occur as a result of trying to downgrade.
(2015-01-17, 03:47 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Your best option is to restore a backup. Downgrades are not supported and you may be refused support for issues which occur as a result of trying to downgrade.

No no, don't refuse my support, I won't downgrade lol.