MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with logging in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have begun by reading this thread on the subject, but to no avail. I have tried everything in this link relevant to my configuration including the deletion of the setting file.

I have tried installing other themes, but they don't seem to have anything to do with my issue.

My forums is located at psychoticcraft.com/forums/index.phpl

The problem I am encountering is when I log on with my account it is always redirected to my websites homepage at www.psychoticcraft.com/home/ When I click back to the forums after this wrong redirect I can see that I am still not logged in. Anyone is welcome to create an account to test this.

My cookie settings are displayed in the attached screenshot. I appreciate any insight into this issue and I thank you for your time. [attachment=33538]
disable the rewrite rules files you are using (eg. rename both .htaccess as htaccess.old) and try again
(2015-01-18, 11:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]disable the rewrite rules files you are using (eg. rename both .htaccess as htaccess.old) and try again

I wish I could say that solved my problem, but it didn't. I went into /forums/ in my cpanel and I found two files:
htaccess.txt
htaccess-nginix.txt
and I renamed them both to
htaccess.old
htaccess-nginix.old

I then went into my admin panel under "tools and maintenance" and I rebuilt the cache. Tried to login and I get the same problem with no change. Something to note, the htaccess files were not replaced by newly generated files. I am not sure if they were supposed to or not, but I thought I would mention it.

I hope I didn't misinterpret your instructions or otherwise follow them incorrectly. Thanks for the help.
oh! htaccess.txt & htaccess-nginix.txt files have no affect on the redirects.
my browser warned about never ending loop on your forum & I've expected .htaccess file

would you like to PM me access to your forum admin panel & files (FTP)
you can give your own login details & you can change them later
Oh absolutely. The never ending loop is an odd one, but going adding index.php to the url gets me there.
there was a problem with .htaccess file and non-inclusion of www in board url setting
Thank you so much for fixing this problem, I believe I would have been lost without you. Marking this as solved.