MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i need help with my Forum Headlines Mod!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few days ago i've been modifying the original files of the forum mainly "global.php" and i renamed it to "global3.php" so that it wouldn't overwrite the orginal global.php file. i've also stripped down the "portal.php" so that it can only show the forums headlines. which has been renamed to "latestpost.php"

you can view my example here http://www.emunext.net/forums/latestpost.php

but there is a small problem that i have with it. forsome reason i can't get it to align to the left or the right it remains "Centered" and also if its possible to somhow fix the way it looks. it looks toppled on top of each other. though im guessing theres a invisible table in there doing that. could you possibly help me out with this?

Add this to your Admin CP > Modify/Templates insert this code and overwrite the original Portal Template.

$whosonline
$latestthreads
</td>
$announcements
</td>

note once this code is added your portal will no longer be in use.

Updated files 2/17/05-------below
It is something to do with a table. To fix it your'll have to look in your templates for the "latestpost.php" page and find:
<table width="" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="" border="0" align="center">

Just change
align="center"
to
align="left"
i can't seem to find it in "latestpost.php" nor Portal.php do you have a modified version of it so i can view it?
I am no expert on the subject, but the table-definition is not in the PHP-files but instead the templates....you should find the portal-template and change the setting there....but that would change it for everyone using portal-page...
so perhaps rather create a new template for this custom-page and have your code call the new template rather than the standard portal-template...

then again...I am just guessing here Smile
Cheers,
Kimmo
You have to log in as a admin into your board a go to the "Admin CP". There is a section with templates. You actually can use the origional php files, because changes are eaysier to make here in the templates (and in your case the only possibility Wink ). I did the same at the beginning like you did, but after you get used to the templates struckture it is getting really easy to modify thinks.
Ok i did some changes early today and yesterday and i've seem to have figured it out. then again as bill said it would require alittle change with your portal template. note once you do this you won't be able to use your portal any more. so its really up to you guys. thnx for the help and suggestions. i have updated the files once again you can check out the demo as it has also been updated. any questions or if you guys think you can improve it even better please do so. Smile
LoRd_SnOw Wrote:note once you do this you won't be able to use your portal any more.

Thats why Kimmo is sugesting creating a new template. It is also really easy to set the portal (like every other) template back to is originall, so if you figure out you don't like the changes you can go back.