MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a problem with DVZ Shoutbox. I'm using mybb 1.8.3 everything seems fine EXCEPT when i try to shout nothing shows up in the shoutbox.

Forums link: www.snow317.com/community

PLEASE Help thanks Smile
which version of dvz shoutbox you are using ? some of the java scripts are not loading.

run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source
files pack
of your forum's version.
I am using DVZ Shoutbox (2.1.2)

EDIT: I ran the file verification tool and it said "Congratulations! No corrupt files have been found on your installation."
you have to use this version of dvz shoutbox (for MyBB 1.6.x) => http://mods.mybb.com/view/dvz-shoutbox

Edit: mistaken that referred forum is using MyBB 1.6.x from the theme appearance and index source code

And looks like there is some conflict with rewrite rules used for the home site
Will that version work with mybb 1.8.3?
No. your forum appears to be on MyBB 1.6.x.

if you are using MyBB 1.8.3 then the theme you are using is not compatible with it.

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

or it would be better to install & use a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes