MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make posts only seeable for Admins and the user who posted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I did a quick google search and I saw this: http://community.mybb.com/post-867923.html

So I followed this and I made a forum for it.

But there is a problem.
I have you cna only be able to view your own threads checked for each usergroup.

Other usergroups that are diff can't see a thread made by another usergroup.

But people of the same usergroup can see other threads, and I do not want this.

I know there is probably a simple solution to it, but yeah.
Seems harder to do.
can only be able to view your own threads checked for each usergroup =>
own threads (started by the user) can be seen by that particular user & the staff
(2015-01-19, 04:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can only be able to view your own threads checked for each usergroup =>
own threads (started by the user) can be seen by that particular user & the staff

I don't understand lmao what you're saying?
^ hmm., login as a normal user to your forum and check the private section. can you see threads by other users of your group ?

if you have followed the guidance correctly then there should be no problem with it
(2015-01-19, 04:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ hmm., login as a normal user to your forum and check the private section. can you see threads by other users of your group ?

if you have followed the guidance correctly then there should be no problem with it

I know, but I don't want that.
I want everybody to be able to make threads but only the user be able to see their own threads.
And I have it set for every usergroup to be able to see their own threads.
But yet users can still see other threads of the same usergroup
^ you may PM me temporary admin account with the details to check it
Still need help with this.
you need a generous person to help you through team viewer.
(2015-01-19, 05:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you need a generous person to help you through team viewer.

k

Its not my fault you had "restricted permissions" or whatever you said.
You obviously were not doing something right as I added you to the owner usergroup.
^ hmm., what I do wrong!. I just had access to the Home tab
whenever I feel necessary I ask admin panel access on open forum and many get their forum issues resolved ..

anyway,
you may post the owner access in Private Inquiries section and some other staff can have a look to fix the issue.
Pages: 1 2