MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New and it's is not working out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I have created BB's in the past using proprietary net sucks and have successfully accomplished the creation and adjustment. The only thing that made it work for me was the fact that it was a "Non dowload" system where is was all inhouse like Proboards.

I have a new BB that I would like to create but I want to do it right by using MYBB.

I know this is "easy" by most but I cant accomplish getting this board up.

I purchased the URL, I know I need hosting support and I will get that but I cant get past simply downloading and unzipping the file.

Would anyone out  there be willing to coaching me over the phone in getting this board online?

Thanks to all that offer support.

Best regards,
(2015-01-19, 04:14 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you seen MyBB installation guidance

Yes I read the file prior to posting. Once it started referring to the database workaround, I got lost.

Being a board admin of other boards, I know searching threads and existing info is important.

The part that is killing me is the fact that I know the application is simple but for some reason it is like magic to me. I know the components and theory of the web and boards but the application goes beyond me.

I am also maybe a bit impatient in the learning. I know I can get it done with more time than it should take however I just need to get this board up and am hoping for some help.

I learn hands on. Reading and failing is what I am hoping to avoid.

Thanks for the response,
^ okay. I'll send a PM for some clarifications ..