MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft delete bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I disabled "Soft delete feature" in ACP -> General configuration

But I can still soft delete threads and posts... I can see "Soft dete thread" in forum and when I use this, the thread is soft deleted

Is it a bug?
The setting is meant to allow soft deleting or not. It doesn't affect already deleted posts and threads.
(2015-01-19, 07:27 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]The setting is meant to allow soft deleting or not. It doesn't affect already deleted posts and threads.

I believe Eldenroot is saying that the setting doesn't remove the option to soft delete posts/threads. I haven't noticed this, so I will have to test.
Right, I thought he said "I can see soft deleted threads".  Angel
(2015-01-19, 08:02 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-19, 07:27 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]The setting is meant to allow soft deleting or not. It doesn't affect already deleted posts and threads.

I believe Eldenroot is saying that the setting doesn't remove the option to soft delete posts/threads. I haven't noticed this, so I will have to test.

@Euan - Yes, thank you... 

@Stefan - I am sorry, I made a typo
Confirmed. Same goes for restoring soft deleted threads/posts, but that should probably stay.

Also, the mod permissions don't seem to be checked correctly, at least here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...p#L566-608 The soft delete and restore postbit buttons are shown only if the mod has "Can delete posts/threads permanently?", which renders the "Can soft delete posts/threads?" and
"Can restore soft deleted posts/threads?" options pointless, unless the mods uses the dropdown in showthread/forumdisplay. Should be fixed in 1.8.4 in my opinion.
Agreed. Quite a large bug so we should try fit it into 1.8.4.
I agree, because MyBB 1.8.5 will be there in next 3 months so this bug should be solved in 1.8.4
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1775

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
I always thought the setting was meant to control what happens when normal users delete their posts/threads and that mods would always have access to both deletion options (if they have permission to).
Pages: 1 2