MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the "Sent From" for outgoing emails.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a thread around that explained how to customise the "Sent From" or "Sender" text that appears in emails sent from MyBB. I'm using SMTP mail setup, and wanting to make it so it has my Forum name, and then the email address after. So email recipients will see Sent From: Forum Name <[email protected]>.

I can't find this thread anymore, and the solution worked. Reinstalled my forum, and need that solution again. Any help would be appreciated!
you can change Admin Email at the site details (configuration >> settings) & it will be shown with your forum name for the mails.
(01-20-2015, 02:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can change Admin Email at the site details (configuration >> settings) & it will be shown with your forum name for the mails.

Every email that i'm getting from the Forum, only shows the Sender as the email, it doesn't have the Forum name with it. :/
^ you can try this => put name from for SMTP mails
(01-20-2015, 02:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can try this => put name from for SMTP mails

You're an absolute legend .m.! That's the thread i was looking for. Many thanks! Heart