MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, ive added the theme fear-factor but wenever i upload the .ZIP file it says its either corrupt or not a proper file, so i uploaded the .XML successfully but wen i set it as default nothing changes, the theme is still the same as the original...
What do i do?
Did you upload the images to your forum as well as the .xml file?
Also try to visit your forum as a guest, not logged in and tell me if you see the new theme or not.
How do you upload the images? only uploaded the XML file inside was hundreds of diff images in the ZIP file. aswell as the XML
it works whilst bieng a guest, but the images dont show how do i upload them?
Once you unzip the main file, then you use a FTP software to upload all those images to your forum directory...usually the images directory. There should be a readme file that gives you instructions.
Theres no readme Sad
Once you have everything unzipped, there is probably a folder within a folder that has all the images in it, right? Just try uploading that entire folder to your images directory within your forum. That should work.
Na, its a ZIP file with hundreds of images, im going to remove the XML and other files and upload all images, thanks for your help!
Quote:it works whilst bieng a guest, but the images dont show how do i upload them?

If it works as a guest, then you have previously set from your User CP an option for your account to use a different theme. So from your user cp go to edit options there you can find under Other options something called Board Style set it to use the default.

regards