MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Activate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to force users to re-register/activate their account through email registration?
from the admin panel, if you set members as not activated then they have to reactivate their accounts.

you may also try using force verify plugin (change compatibility line & try) - see also its reviews
Do you mean "Awaiting Activation"? I did that with my test account and logged back in with no problem, prompts or warnings.
^ you have to check group permissions of Awaiting Activation members
Settings are very similar to guests, but what does that do in terms of telling them to reconfirm their email? They may just try to post but not understand why they can't. If they can still login, where is the re-activate come in?
^ do not allow awaiting activation members to access forums.
if they try to access / post then no permissions error page is shown and it has a link to reactivate
I think that would be confusing. If I was allowed to login then went to post, which you can't because the post thread button doesn't show I would think the site was broken. If I don't allow access when the try to login the first thing they see is:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.

Even though they also see:
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

If i was that member, I would assume, if I had logged in before, the first to be true, that I was banned or something. I want to make it clear they need to reactivate their account not scare or confuse them.
you can modify error_nopermission_loggedin template (in Error Message Templates)

remove below
<li>{$lang->error_nopermission_user_2}</li>
<li>{$lang->error_nopermission_user_3}</li>

or they can be modified in ~/inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php file
Ok, I will try that. Thanks!
(2015-01-21, 04:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can modify error_nopermission_loggedin template (in Error Message Templates)

remove below

<li>{$lang->error_nopermission_user_2}</li>
<li>{$lang->error_nopermission_user_3}</li>

or they can be modified in ~/inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php file

Is the nopermission by user or usergroup?
Pages: 1 2