MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: multiple functions in forumteam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am developing a forum within which there are several committees active. I want to show these committees as different groups in the forum team. However, forum members can be member of several committees, but as I see it now only members whose display user group is that of a committee are displayed as members of that committee, and not the members who have the committee membership as an additional user group.

In other words, a member name occurs only once in the forum team display, i.e. in the group of his display user group regardless of his additional user groups.

I found a very old discussion on this subject, but this does not end satisfactory.

Is there a solution that will work?
when you create or edit a user group
in the General options of that particular usergroup
select  Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page
[Image: BfmBy4T.png]
Thanks, but that has been done and the groups appear in the team display. But when someone is member of more groups, he is shown only in the group of his "primary user group.
The issue is there is no efficient way to query for additional usergroups. Display group is just what it is, the group they are to be displayed as. It also can be a security measure because you might have a backup admin account that uses a standard member for display group.

If you want me to move this to Plugin Requests, I can.
(2015-01-21, 07:52 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If you want me to move this to Plugin Requests, I can.

OK please do that Smile .

It is strange though, in the discussion I linked in the opening post your colleague Leefish had a link to his site, in which he is both admin as member of another group and listed as such.
I'm developing it...

But I think of don't have understand much...

Can you re explain?
Basically he wants it to check all usergroups a person is in instead of what the display usergroup is.
Sorry for not reacting. I think the subscription to this discussion was broken when it was moved to this forum.

What I intended was that members that are member of different forum teams are displayed as a member of all these teams. Now they are only displayed in the team given by their "user group" or "display group" (when this is defined).

In the meantime I have made a plugin, which is essentially a copy of showteam.php with a few lines of extra coding. I tested it on my test forum and it works.

Here the old output:

[attachment=33577]

And this the new:

[attachment=33576]

You can see the difference with member "lid1", who is member of three different groups.

It was mentioned before that there could be a security risk involved, but I cannot comrehend why this could be.
Its not a security issue on the code;its just that sometimes administrators have a "secret" admin account that displays as a member. Your plugin (I think) would take away that option.
(2015-01-23, 01:26 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Your plugin (I think) would take away that option.

With a little bit of knowledge you can overcome that with one if statement I think.
But this is not my problem, because I am not in the spying business. Big Grin .

For now this problem is solved for me, so up to the next one. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2