MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Overriding link colors for header/footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

I recently upgraded my forum to ver 1.8.3. My previously installed version was a few versions behind and the upgrade broke a number of elements of my theme.  I'm trying to rebuild the theme and get my forum back up and running.

The header and footer links (Buddy List, View New Posts, etc, in the header, Contact Us, Return to top, etc, in the footer) are a dark color on a dark background and can't be discerned.  I don't want to change the colors of all links, however, because the body of the forum is a light color and requires the links to be dark.

If I change    a:link   it changes them all together (as I'm sure all of you knew already Smile)

I know the color of the links can be overridden for specific parts of the forum, I just don't know how/where.
The forum is. (currently inactive because it's unusable in it's current state)

www.rebeldroids.net
You could add a css class "green" for a green link:

.green {color: #0f0;}

And then make links to that by:

<a href="the url to go to"><span class='green'>text to show</span></a>

I tried it and it worked with me. Smile
For the footer menu and copyright link color add to theme global.css
#copyright a,
.menu.bottom_links li a {
    color: #141414;
}

I can't see the header links without a test account. Wink
thank both of you very much. I went with the new class suggestion because it gave me a way to sprinkle color changes throughout the forum. Worked like a charm.

Thanks again!