MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thread icon changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

I recently upgraded my forum to ver 1.8.3. My previously installed version was a few versions behind and the upgrade broke a number of elements of my theme.  I'm trying to rebuild the theme and get my forum back up and running.

There are still a few refinements I really want to implement, but if I can fix this one last problem I think I can at least go live with it again.

The icons that indicate if there are new posts to a thread, if a thread is locked, no new posts, etc.  They used to be single .gifs, (off.gif, on.gif, and so on) now they're a single .png (showthread_sprite.png) with multiple icons and numerical display offsets.

I know I can just overwrite the existing .png, but I prefer to create a new file in a different location and redirect to it.

Where would I find the URL of showthread_sprite.png so I can change it to point to my new version?
In thread_status.css (thread icons) and global.css (forum icons)
Thank you very much for your reply. I spent quite a while trying to find what I was looking for. Finally, I copied the default theme and my custom theme's global.css into a text editor and compared them and discovered that my version was sufficiently old that I was missing large segments of code necessary to make the conversion. I finally decided to just re-make my custom theme on top of the default instead of trying to fix the old version.
Thank you again for your help