MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem logging out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

If it matters, my forum is located at:  http://www.marriedandhappy.com/Forum

When I try to log out, the following text shows up on my screen:

###

The following warnings occurred:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/l/f/slfslf/html/MarriedAndHappy/Forum/inc/languages/english/vars_envy.lang.php:1) - Line: 1833 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)

File
Line
Function[PHP]

errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php
header
/inc/functions.php
my_setcookie
/member.php
my_unsetcookie
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/l/f/slfslf/html/MarriedAndHappy/Forum/inc/languages/english/vars_envy.lang.php:1) - Line: 1833 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)

File
Line
Function[PHP]

errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php
header
/inc/functions.php
my_setcookie
/member.php
my_unsetcookie

Married And Happy Discussion Forum
You have successfully been logged out.
You will now be taken back to the forum index.
Click here if you don't want to wait any longer.

###

After this screen displays for about a second, then it returns to the normal main index screen and shows that I am still logged in.

In my Admin Control Panel -> Tools & Maintenance -> System Health, I have the following message:

"All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings."

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

My first thought was that there was something wrong with the square theme I was using because I had made some edits to it.

So, I installed the rush theme and it has the exact same problem.
open vars_envy.lang.php file in a editor like notepad++ and ensure that there are no spaces & no characters
at the beginning of the file (before <?php) and at the end of the file (after ?>).
the file should be saved as utf-8 file without BOM
I opened vars_envy.lang.php with Notepad++ and as far as I can tell, there are NO spaces or characters before <?php or after ?>

There are no funny characters or blank lines like the article you linked to mentions.
that is strange.
if you need direct help you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & files (FTP)
In the event it is useful, logging out of the Admin Control Panel works perfectly.
^ well, for the login logout issues basically you have to follow this cookie related guidance

as you are not comfortable in providing required temporary access, I'd suggest to move vars_envy.lang.php file to ~/inc folder and check ..
Okay...I am having the same problem again...with a different forum.

I installed 1.8.4 at http://leadershipformen.com/forum this morning.  I have been working on it for the better part of the day trying to get it all set up...and after logging in and out throughout the day, I have now begun to have the same problem that I described when I created this thread.

Specifically, when I try to log out, I get the following text washing across my entire computer screen:

"The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/l/f/slfslf/html/LeadershipForMen/forum/inc/languages/english/vars_envy.lang.php:1) - Line: 1849 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1849 header
/inc/functions.php 1862 my_setcookie
/member.php 1858 my_unsetcookie
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/l/f/slfslf/html/LeadershipForMen/forum/inc/languages/english/vars_envy.lang.php:1) - Line: 1849 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1849 header
/inc/functions.php 1862 my_setcookie
/member.php 1859 my_unsetcookie

Leadership For Men

You have successfully been logged out.
You will now be taken back to the forum index.
Click here if you don't want to wait any longer."

Well, in studying this thread as advised: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html...

When I check my /inc/settings.php it appears to me that everything is correct and matches what the article recommends, namely:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".leadershipformen.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I went to ACP >>  Home » Board Settings » Site Details and I see:

[Image: LFM-Cookie.JPG]

settings.php is CHMOD to 666

I've cleared all the cookies in my browser for leadershipformen.com that pertain to the forum.

So, based upon everything I understand from the advised reference thread stated above, it appears to me that I have everything correctly set.

What am I missing?  What is wrong?  What do I need to do to get this forum back to working where people can log in or out?
^ well, its again related to vars_envy.lang.php
I don't know what it is that I am not getting here...but this is not working for me.

I closed down all my browsers...so I know I don't have any MyBB code overwriting me.

From FTP, I totally deleted my inc/languages/english/vars_envy.php file off of my server.

I opened up a copy of vars_envy.php on my desktop with Notepad++...

Both the first line and the last line appear like they are supposed to appear...but nevertheless...

I totally deleted the first line <?php and typed it in brand new...

I totally deleted the last line ?> and typed it in brand new...

I saved the file...

FTP'd it back up to my server...

Opened my browser...went to my forum...tried to log in...and got the same exact trashed screen problem.

So, what is it specifically that I need to change/fix within vars_envy.lang.php?

Okay...I ran the BOMFIX plugin from my ACP...and it tells me...

FAIL ('/home/content/s/l/f/slfslf/html/LeadershipForMen/forum/inc/languages/english/vars_envy.lang.php' starts with UTF-8 Byte Order Mark)

So, I went through the same proces...deleted inc/languages/english/vars_envy.php from off my server...closed my browser down...closed down FTP...then opened up vars_envy.php on my desktop...totally deleted the first line <?php...and then typed it in anew.

Ran the BOMFIX plugin...and get the same exact error that the file starts with a BOM.

So, if that is what is causing the problem, how am I supposed to get rid of this BOM that I cannot even see?
is the file saved with utf-8 without BOM encoding ? (see image)
Pages: 1 2