MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would it be worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my forum has about 2k posts and about 90 members, and I have recently took up a backup and reset my file manager because I wanted to downgrade.
No, I am not asking how to downgrade or asking for support on how to downgrade, as in my eyes its not as hard as people say it is, but I am not going to encourage it.

But I personally want to just reinstall the whole forum and etc and just started over with the 1.6 version and just re do everything.

But of course I wouldn't really be fond of losing all the posts and members we have.

I know I could probably just import the posts, threads, and users, but I know the users would be the hardest part.

So I am asking, would it be worth it to start over, or should I just continue where I am at?

ALSO, I already have contact with the main members and top posters, and we only have been open for about 2 months anyway.
No it wouldn't. In fact, you could write an SQL query to do it all for you.
(2015-01-24, 05:16 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]No it wouldn't. In fact, you could write an SQL query to do it all for you.

Don't really see how as I tried to do it before but It wouldn't go through.
(2015-01-24, 01:23 PM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-24, 05:16 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]No it wouldn't. In fact, you could write an SQL query to do it all for you.

Don't really see how as I tried to do it before but It wouldn't go through.

INSERT INTO table1.mybb_posts(
	tid,
	message,
	uid,
	ipaddress, 
	dateline
)
SELECT 
	tid,
	message,
	uid,
	ipaddress, 
	dateline
FROM table2.mybb_posts;

Etc. Change to be what you want to insert from what table into what table.
Well what's the reason of going back to 1.6? You'll have to upgrade soon enough anyways./
(2015-01-25, 07:42 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Well what's the reason of going back to 1.6? You'll have to upgrade soon enough anyways./

Decided 1.8 is not so bad after all.