MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please, someone help me - about postbit style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the life of me, I can't understand how to change the location of the user when they make a new post. For example, when someone replied to a thread. It's their username and rep and whatever else, on top, then the body of what they typed under it. I want to make it so that it's on the side, and when they create a post, their post is beside their username and rep and all that. Please help me
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Show Thread Options >> Post Layout -->
Display posts using the classic layout <-- select this & save settings

all members also have individual option to select classic style at user control panel (at edit options eg.)

see also this guidance => force postbit style
(2015-01-24, 05:43 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Show Thread Options >> Post Layout -->
Display posts using the classic layout <-- select this & save settings

all members also have individual option to select classic style at user control panel (at edit options eg.)

see also this guidance => force postbit style

Doesn't work. I mean I changed the style. But the tutorial in that thread you linked to is outdated and doesn't work for 1.8 Huh
you can use below SQL queries (see if required => common SQL queries guidance)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0';
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `classicpostbit` `classicpostbit` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL default '1';
(2015-01-24, 06:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use below SQL queries (see if required => common SQL queries guidance)

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0';
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `classicpostbit` `classicpostbit` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL default '1';

Yes but I want to completely remove the option to change it from user CP. That doesn't do that Huh
to remove it fro User CP, goto Templates >> User Control Panel Templates >> usercp_options template, find and remove

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" {$classicpostbitcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="classicpostbit">{$lang->show_classic_postbit}</label></span></td>
</tr>
(2015-01-24, 10:26 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]to remove it fro User CP, goto Templates >> User Control Panel Templates >> usercp_options template, find and remove

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" {$classicpostbitcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="classicpostbit">{$lang->show_classic_postbit}</label></span></td>
</tr>

It's not there, it's the same exact one from the old thread and I already told him it doesn't work Undecided
^ which theme you are using ? would you like to PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel to check it ..