MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: integrate another log in database with mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For example I have a website www.example.com.

With php, I have made a chatroom for which users have to sign up and to be logged in.

Now www.example.com/forum will have the myBB forum.

To participate in the forum, users have to signup separately for myBB forum. They can't use the credentials they use for chatting.

Is there any way by which the users can log in to myBB forum with the same credentials they use to log in to chat? I mean what should I do for my users to do like that?
You could use DVZ Shoutbox if you are running PHP 5.4 or higher. You could also check out LightIrc Chat.
I don't want to change anything on the part of my main website log in. I want to disable sign up in the myBB forum. Any signing up on my website should automatically be done from my server into the db of myBB. Also signing in my website should also automatically make the user logged in into myBB.
I think that this will be impossible. When logging in at your forum MyBB assigns you some unique information like a session id and your user id which are stored in cookies at your computer. These cannot be set by external websites.
^ Totally wrong. Integration is possible and not that hard. And cookie path can be changed to cover more than just a subfolder.

@waterfall, you can insert the users to MyBB database too when they register to chat. Exemplary code: http://community.mybb.com/thread-164422-...pid1128184 Either that or include MyBB's userhandler which has ready functions for this.

Moved to Third Party Integration.