MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't use any themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So.. I had forums installed before, and I'm good with PHP and HTML and all that good jazz, and I have a nice little website with external mybb logins, and a bunch of other cool features.

In the before time (when I first got mybb) everything was going fine, then my old theme (Apart Black) started to mess up & the images stopped showing up for the template.

Then, I reverted back to the default mybb theme so everything didn't look stupid, but ever since then, I can't upload any themes, at all. I've tried like 20 different themes and I follow the install directions PERFECTLY.

Then I go to upload the XML document and I get this:

Please enter a valid url to import a theme from.

When I try to upload from URL:

The file could not be found on the server.
MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

So, after getting really frustrated with these errors; I just completely deleted the forums and did a fresh install. Guess what was fixed? Not a dang thing. It's still broken.

I've looked at this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-163206.html & the staff suggested to ask my hosting company what the problem was. I have an unmanaged VPS and the support team at Ramnode basically told me to scram and fix it myself.

Someone help me; this is getting on my nerves and I'm going to start tearing my hair out soon. It's been broken for a little over a few weeks now and the default look of mybb is getting annoying.
So nobody wants to help me? 101 views w/ not a single reply.

Community help in a nutshell.
Have you disabled all plugins before trying to import a new theme?