MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Check files returns /install missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you validate files using built in tool it tells you that /install folder and related files are missing. Obviously I was told during installation process to remove whole folder for security purposes. I know this is trival, but it is always worth of letting you know.

Cheers
You don't need to delete it if the lock file has been created, and neither a warning message will appear if you don't delete that folder.
So it's all mighty fine.
I really think it'd be better if it doesn't check the install directory at all if the directory doesn't exist.
(2015-01-26, 07:29 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I really think it'd be better if it doesn't check the install directory at all if the directory doesn't exist.

+1  Smile
The install directory and the plugins directory (hello plugin) shouldn't be checked IMHO.
Agreed, they should be ignored.
What about images like smilies and post icons?
I think they should be checked if they exists. For example having a manipulated installer can be a serious problem.
Yeah that was meant.
(2015-01-26, 02:59 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]What about images like smilies and post icons?

I think there is no reason to check them either.

(2015-01-26, 02:59 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]I think they should be checked if they exists. For example having a manipulated installer can be a serious problem.

Well, the installer files should be definitely checked for modifications if they exist. But if there is no install folder at all, there is no reason report it and its subfolders/files as missing, in my opinion. No harm can be done when the whole folder is not on the server.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2065

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group