MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sound notification for DVZ Shoutbox 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, I wonder, is there any button for users possible to turn the sound off?

That would be great. Thank you in advance!
for me doesnt work, any help?
does not work, does not play any sound, has anyone found a remedy?
  Confused
I use MyBB 1.8.24
No solution?
Thank you ! works like a charm Big Grin 

Tested on:
  • DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.3

• MyBB 1.8.24
For those that have issues with no sound playing after following the guide , go to the mp3 file you downloaded and placed in the /images folder ,right click it ,choose properties and next to "read only" and "hidden" you should have something along the lines of this file came from another computer with a unblock button next to it , if you click unblock the sound will play Smile
*obviously tho you you wont hear sound alerts for your own message , can be tested by logging in as a second member on a different browser with both open
It doesn't work, I don't have any locks in the .mp3 file Angel
(2020-09-20, 08:37 PM)Alex_70 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work, I don't have any locks in the .mp3 file Angel
Can you provide an url, and (if needed) a test account ?
(2020-09-20, 10:04 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-20, 08:37 PM)Alex_70 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't work, I don't have any locks in the .mp3 file Angel

No, because everything works in localhost on my computer
(2020-09-21, 06:30 AM)Alex_70 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-20, 10:04 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]

No, because everything works in localhost on my computer
You could try using ngrok to give us access.
(2015-01-26, 04:21 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]This slight addition allows you to add a sound notification for DVZ Shoutbox when a new message is posted, using its internal hooks system.

1. Open the attached file and upload the dvz_shoutbox.mp3 file to the images/ directory on your server

2. Open the dvz_shoutbox template (Global Templates) and add the following code after {$javascript}
<script>
dvz_shoutbox.callbacks['update'].push(function(){
    if ($('#shoutbox .entry.new').length) {
        var audio = new Audio(rootpath + '/images/dvz_shoutbox.mp3');
        audio.volume = 0.2;
        audio.play();
    }
});
</script>

How do i need to edit it so the sound only plays when a user got mentioned and not on every single message?
Pages: 1 2 3 4