MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Tagging for 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin/function for 1.8 that would operate similar to this plugin?: http://mods.mybb.com/view/tagging-plugin

If not, is there a way to make that plugin compatible?
This idea is very popular. But as an end user, I hate it.
The plugin works with MyBB 1.8 after adapting the compatibility in the plugin-file.....
(2015-01-26, 08:43 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin works with MyBB 1.8 after adapting the compatibility in the plugin-file.....

And how exactly do you do that?
(2016-09-23, 12:13 AM)alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-26, 08:43 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin works with MyBB 1.8 after adapting the compatibility in the plugin-file.....

And how exactly do you do that?

Go to the plugin file stored in inc/plugins/pluginname.php there will be a function named pluginname_info() in the array there is a compatibility line it's likely something like 16* if you change this to just * or 18* the plugin will run however I'm not sure whether the code itself is compatible with 1.8.x as I haven't read over the code.
Whats the point of having the compatibly line if all we are doing is modifying that to be able to install the plugins in which that version is not on that line?

Why not just do a warning instead of restricting install?