MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright here I go. I downloaded the my bb BUT I have a website hosted at www.bravenet.com (my site is http://sk3.bravehost.com) and I have a forum. Howver the my bb is much better. I dont know how I would do to make my bb on that site....if I need to upload plz note that I only have a minimum of space (I can find out...soon) so I cant put TOO much...thanks in advance

Lou
You will need FTP access and have MySQL database in order to use MyBB. Last I heard, Bravenet doesn't allow such services with a free site.
well do u know a site that I could use just for my forum with ease? (no anglefire plz...had to many problems with them and ftp)

Edit: OMG NOONES helping.....:'( I really want to make my bb work....it is soo cool!!

(Im new here but Im a regular at www.mmsghelp.net)
lou_habs, try http:.//100webspace.com/. I think they only require a small add. That should be able to host myBB.

As for the poll ("Should there be a how to included with each download package of My bb?") there already is. In the docs/ folder next to upload/
Alright...now that I will get a site there (their servers are down...) whats the whole idea with ftp? I used to have microsoft frontpage with angelfire but is that ftp? cause it I is I dont have the same computer and it DOESNT have ms Frontpage so what do i do next? ([email protected] for EXTRA info)
Added you to my MSN. Talk there when your on. I'll help you install and everything Big Grin
I saw that...thanks.
k776 Wrote:As for the poll ("Should there be a how to included with each download package of My bb?") there already is. In the docs/ folder next to upload/

I don't see it. Sad
IMPAQ Wrote:
k776 Wrote:As for the poll ("Should there be a how to included with each download package of My bb?") there already is. In the docs/ folder next to upload/

I don't see it. Sad

Download the mybb zip file from the downloads page and then extract everything to a folder on your desktop (make sure that your program saves the folder structure). Open the folder on your desktop and then you'll see that there are two folders that MyBB comes with: docs and upload.