MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sceditor not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the same problem as described in this discussion, i.e. that the sceditor on my test site not loaded. When I saw that linked discussion I looked at my users table of the database, and saw that for 2 users I was testing with the column showcodebuttons was equal to 0, and apparently that means that the sceditor is not loaded. And indeed, when I changed the showbuttens to 1 for these users everything was normal.

Question remains why these colums were changed for these users. All of my testing concerns templates and not the database, so I don't think it has something to do with that.

Besides, I observed some strange things. When I looked at the console (using Firefox) I saw before I changed the users table that some javascript files were not loaded with a remark that the had been "blackboxed". So first I thought that the problem was caused by javascript files that were not loaded, only now after changing the users table and with a running sceditor I still see some javascipt files that are blackboxed. These are jquery.plugins.min.js, jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js, select2.min.js. The first one (jquery.plugins.min.js) is always shown, the others only when the editor is started (new thread, new reply, new PM). I checked the working of the editor and the bbcodes work properly. I checked, and all mentioned .js files do exist in the jscripts directory and subdirectories. They have in common that they all have ".min" at he end.

Summarizing: I am confused Big Grin .

Solved in combination with this discussion.