MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: avatar problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I discovered an avatar problem today at my forums. When I try to upload an avatar, MyBB returns back to the avatar page, without having added any avatars. I think it has something to do with the permissions for the /avatars folder. It currently is chmodded to 755 but I can't change it to 777. Every time I try to change it, it goes back to 755. Changing avatars via URL works fine.

Thanks in advance..
RELATED TO THE BUG YOU HAVE MENTIONED HERE

This is not actually a problem only with the uploading to a not chmoded folder, it includes showing all types of error while setting up an avatar. The problem is that $avatar_error is not added to the usercp_avatar. This variable is an inline error holding any error that might occur while uploading or adding a remote avatar.

So you have to add in the usercp_avatar template below
{$header}
the following
{$avatar_error}

This is a bug. Reporting it.
Thanks. But I still can't upload any avatars... How do I get it chmodded to 777 ? It always puts the value back to 755.
Then you have to contact your hosting administrators which it seems have restricted chmoding to 777.
I got it chmodded to 777, but now I get the message to chose a valid file... I've chosen a jpg though...
I don't think it is yet chmoded.
Is GD support enabled on your server? (You can check in PHP Info to see if there is a section for GD and that it's enabled)
Quote:GD Support enabled

Yes, the folder has been chmodded, I attached the details...

Maybe you want to check it yourself at www.urbanus-online.be/forum Smile
What does GD has to do in hereConfused
Checks the image to see if it's valid.
Pages: 1 2