MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to show category/post name in URL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am new to Mybb. I have installed Mybb here in Forum Discussion site. I want to show my post name in the URL. I have tried various methods but nothing is working. I have installed Google Seo plugin and it says "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.8.3" as I am using Mybb version 1.8.3. Please help me in this problem. Thanks.
Thanks. Please tell me how to install the Google Seo plugin.
Upload all the files to respective folders and login to your ACP >> Plugins and install and activate...

Detailed instructions can be found in the inc/plugins/google_seo.html file in the plugin..

After.installing the plugin...

1. Rename the htaccess.txt found in your root folder (public_html) into .htaccess (there should be . (dot) in front of the file name)

2. Copy those rewrite rules shown Under Google SEO on the Plugins page and put in the .htaccess file
those rules go as the first set of rules in that file...
I am still seeing this my url http://forum-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12. I have installed changed htaccess.txt and configured the plugin but still having the same problem.

Now every page url is going to 404 page.

Please please help me.
Have you renamed the htaccess.txt found in your root folder (public_html) into .htaccess (there should be . (dot) in front of the file name)
Yes that is the point where the problem started.
could you PM me a temp admin and ftp login....
this is my forum name http://forum-discussion.com. Anything wrong with (-) in my domain name?

Thanks for your support.

I have finally got it.

I don't know what the problem was but I have Deactivated the Google Seo plugin and renamed .htaccess to .htaccess1. Then I activated the plugin again it gave the code for .htaccess I copied it and changed .htaccess1 with the code. I renamed the .htaccess1 back to .htaccess. That's what I have done.

And now it is working. Thanks.