MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UIDs won't reset..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB Community..
Recently I had to delete all users, for a 'reset'(please don't ask..) and I used the AdminCP for the deletion,
but when I create new accounts from AdminCP, or new users register, the UIDs won't begin from new (1, 2, 3,...) they keep going where it ended before reset (355, 356, 357,...) and I don't know what to do..? I've thought about a DB reset, but then steamlogin would bug out, because I'd not be able to log onto the AdminCP anymore...since steam password..? what now..?
Go to PHPMyAdmin and run this query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users SET AUTO INCREMENT=1;
(2015-01-28, 07:17 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Go to PHPMyAdmin and run this query:

ALTER TABLE mybb_users SET AUTO INCREMENT=1;

giving error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET AUTO INCREMENT=1' at line 1 
Try leaving out the word TABLE.
Edit: delayed response

or you can try it like this
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `uid` `uid` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

hmm., looks like there is a flaw in this. please ignore.
Now its
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mybb_users SET AUTO INCREMENT=1' at line 1 
this might work !
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` AUTO_INCREMENT = 1;
Yeah worked x3 I'm kinda bad with MySQL

Still not fixing it tho, next registered person is 366
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to the database (change credentials later) & forum URL
1and1 won't allow remote access x3
Pages: 1 2