MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal page on main domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

My forum name is xyz.com when i ope xyz.com forum is open

it is possible when i open xyz.com portal page is open. and when i open xyz.com/index.php then forum is open

If yes then how can i do this

Thanks
you can use rule like below in .htaccess file
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html
I have the same question I think. I honestly thought I messed up the install. It seems portal.php should be the landing page, and index.php should be the forums page. I see a number of people confused about how to switch this in 1.8. What's the easiest way?

The only issue after that would be the breadcrumbs would need reversed too. Also, add a link to "forums" on the menu (header), and then what you pull for announcements - the content of your landing the page - would need to link back to the forums if you wanted comments to the announcements (like a blog).
The easiest way is to put mybb in a subdirectory and put the portal.php in the site root.
(2015-01-28, 05:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use rule like below in .htaccess file

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html

(2015-01-28, 12:20 PM)ThatMouse Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same question I think. I honestly thought I messed up the install. It seems portal.php should be the landing page, and index.php should be the forums page. I see a number of people confused about how to switch this in 1.8. What's the easiest way?

The only issue after that would be the breadcrumbs would need reversed too. Also, add a link to "forums" on the menu (header), and then what you pull for announcements - the content of your landing the page - would need to link back to the forums if you wanted comments to the announcements (like a blog).

Use what .m. provided if you have a standard mybb install. In all honesty, I don't think many people go back to the landing page / portal page after visit. They would probably go to the forums and that would be the most logical funnel for most forums.