MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threaded mode limitation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the threads in our forum has been slowly collecting posts for 11 months and is up to 282 posts. A few of our users use threaded mode and have noticed that the "Messages In This Thread" area is only showing the first 274 posts in the thread.

Is this a known limitation or is there a configuration option?
there is no configuration option. also there is no known limit.
which version of MyBB exactly you are using ? can we have your forum URL
Here's the thread in question:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-593.html

Try rebuilding thread counters. ACP->Tools->Recount & Rebuild.
I rebuilt the thread counters but unfortunately the issue persists. Thanks for the idea though.
Does it show all 282 posts if a staff member is viewing the thread in threaded mode?
No, they are as invisible to me - a moderator as to others. One of the posts that doesn't show up was posted by someone who is also moderator. Others are from normal users.

I do see that someone reported a post in that thread early this morning and another moderator marked that report read. However, some of the missing posts, and posts from people noticing the missing posts predate that report so it probably has nothing to do with it.

I'm assuming "staff" includes moderators. I usually don't browse the forum with admin account but I could if that's interesting.
I thought maybe it was posts that were pending approval is why I asked.
No - no posts pending approval - and all posts can be seen in linear mode.
There is a thread about the problems in the larger thread here:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2951.html

Some relevant quotes:

Quote:I think I know what started this mess. Maybe it'll lead to a solution or perhaps a warning regarding the dangers of deleting posts.

Yesterday I posted in the 43s status thread regarding speculation of the price of the 43s. You, Walter, countered with a post about the cost. I didn't catch the change in terminology and that led to the exchange of a few more posts. Once I realized my mistake I deleted the offending posts. I explained to Den that it was my mistake.

I'll take the rap for dropping the singularity and the mess it's created. Now if I could just say, "I've got a 'ole in me pocket" like Ringo from Yellow Submarine.

There are also posts pointing out several more posts that don't appear in threaded mode and finally:

Quote:These errors persist. Is there anybody taking care of them? TIA