MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rush Template Modify
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm rather new at this but have upgraded a 1.6 to a 1.8 with new template. 

What I need to know is how to have the new threads (view new posts, view today's posts) on the header in the new site.  It was available on the last set of templates, but, sadly, I cannot figure out what code to put where.

Like I said; new at this.  So - if you want to take a look at my forum (being edited - but up and running) http://tventuring.com/trailerforum

So where would I put the code and what would the code be to have that top menu you have up there in the Rush template?

Also, where do I edit the social icon links??

Thanks!
You can delete the new / todays post from your member template and add them in your header by doing this.

Templates > Rush > Header Templates > header_welcomeblock_member , look for this below and copy paste it then delete it

<div class="popup_item_container">
        <a href="/search.php?action=getnew" class="popup_item">View new content</a>
      </div>
        <a href="/search.php?action=getdaily" class="popup_item">View todays posts</a>
      </div>

Then go to Templates > Rush > Header Templates > Header,  look for this and copy paste the above code over it

<a href="*" class="popup_item">Link one here</a>
      </div>
        <a href="*" class="popup_item">Link two here</a>
      </div>

The Social icons can be edited in Templates > Rush > Index Page templates > Index_boardstats
Thank you for the reply and instructions!  Worked!  This new version is nice and this community makes it even better. Smile