MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question (1.2) - not working plugin? LOTS of spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had this plugin for years. It stopped almost all spam registrations. Nowadays I noticed that I got hundreds in a month, even thousands. 
Does that mean this plugin no longer work? 
When I go to "configuration" > plugins> manage security questions it brings me back to main configuration page instead of managing questions page like usual. 
How come?

What to do with all that daily spam  Angry
if you are using MyBB 1.8.x then security questions is already a built-in feature and the plugin should be uninstalled.
admin panel >> configuration >> Security Questions (left side column menu)
Edit: delayed response...

you don't need that plugin if you are on MyBB 1.8 as it is available as a core feature... you can add/remove questions from ACP >> Configuration >> Security Questions

instead of using generic questions, you can try using logical ones or something related to your forum niche...
I am on 1.6.4 for the moment.... And that plugin stopped working out of nowhere.

Temporary solution before i upgrade - how do I stop/disable new members from registering? I get like 1 member in every 5 minutes, I can not stop them...

Also _ have like 50.000 spam threads, what is the best way to delete them? I select all page (500 threads) but it takes too long to delete them that way. I can not select much more because then my server crrashes lol.
well, this thread is posted at the 1.8 section !
anyway, there is a patch for the plugin and also there is an alternative

see replies at how to delete lot of spam posts (similar guidance available at some other threads)
thanks for help.
One strange thing after deleting all the posts, threads, users - post or thread counts are wrong.
Example: one forum has 5 threads and 20 posts, but it says 0 threads and 580 posts...
Or a thread has 1 post (no replies), but it shows 2 posts and last poster is one of the spam users (deleted).

Can I synchronize everything somehow that all the counts would be correct? Sad
^ try recount & rebuild tools available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel