MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] upgrade & database related ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few questions;

#1; I need control of the database or wherever it is where I can fix a frame, broken thread. See problem here;

http://naturaleyesightimprovement-batesm....php?tid=2

Scroll to last post on bottom. In past I was able to easily embed a GoogleBook in frame link. Now it wipes out ability to edit, delete posts. And I cant add new posts; I can but they don't show up after publish.

#2; I need to update to new version. Last 3 times I tried it wiped out my entire Forum and I had to redo it. Now its too big to risk doing this.   Who to hire to upgrade for me into the server?

#3; I have downloaded my forums many times but NEVER can find where to edit posts, threads... I see no text or images from any members including myself. Where is all this stored? Is it in My hosting service and in the download forum folder somewhere? I know I am downloading something because it is over 1 GB download folder. But where is it all?

Only way I can download in a way that a thread, forum can be opened and edit the members, my text, pictures... is to download with Microsoft expression or Dreamweaver straight from the webpage. Then its fully editable, easy to view exactly like the live online forum.

#4; Want to know where is the database? How to get to it so I have control over my own forum.

Has MyBB created a How To manuel yet?

Will pay to learn all this.

Thanks for any help,

Mary 
database is located at your web host server (eg. hostgator)

there is no specific manual for administration & maintenance of MyBB.
required guidance is available through docs section

would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel to check that embedding issue ..
Thanks for the docs link!

Not sure who I am talking to. Got 3 offers by PM for paid services. So afraid of hackers.

Wish would post here so identity is better known to all.
^ well, I do not know about other offers. but I am one who offered you volunteer help as well as a paid assistance.
How much $ to answer these questions?
^ sorry, you are mistaken. we do not take any payment for answering MyBB related questions.

your queries 1, 3 & 4 are already answered and I've PMed regarding upgrading & related technical assistance.
To clarify; a few people are PMing me. I did not mean to imply that anyone working for MyBB or members in good standing are hackers.

I only stated I want to be sure who I get to assist me. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Looks like I ma on my own here.
#1 database does not exist as a single file. it is also not in readable format.
backup of database can be a single file in plain text. (see also replies here)

I've offered volunteer help to check & fix the referred issue.

#2 upgrading of forum needs to be done with care. I've offered paid assistance for it.

#3 you need to setup local web server in your computer & you'd need detailed guidance for it.

#4 for the database, response is same as for #1
(and first response for this thread consists of other replies)

please PM me if you have any other queries related to my replies.
however its late midnight for me & moving to sleep in a few minutes.
RE: How to setup setup local web server in your computer.

This may help: Run Joomla! in XAMPP

You might use XAMPP to run MyBB on your home computer.