MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usability question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

If it's needed, my forum is here: www.MarriedAndHappy.com/Forum and I am using the "Square" theme.

The help files don't address my questions...so I am asking here:

When I am within a given thread and replying to someone's post, MyBB 1.8 "quotes the message in a reply" in a WYSIWYG manner.  The problem is, I often want to write something prior to the quote itself and the WYSIWYG editor does not seem to allow this.

I cannot "click" my typing cursor in front of the WYSIWYG quote...nor will a keyboard "Ctrl+Home" put my typing cursor in front of the WYSIWYG quote.

The only way I have found to get around this problem is to click the "View Source" button or Ctrl+Shift+s which puts the post reply edit box back in the old MyCode format where I can position my typing cursor anywhere I want.

So, how do I type text in front of a quote while I am still in WYSIWYG mode?
There is another work around. Select the complete quote (you will see that it seems that only the text lines in the quotes are be selected, but that is no problem). Then give a cut/Ctr-X (Apple Cmd-X) and you will see that the whole quote disappears. Now insert a number op blank lines at the top of your massage and give a paste/Ctrl-V (Apple Cmd-V) and you will see the quote with a number of blank lines before it, where you now can add the text that you want before the quote.
Ahhh...didn't think of that work-around. Thanks a lot Ad Bakker.