MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: full sized images in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know where to ask this question elsewhere, so I ask it here.

Sometimes people have full sized pictures in their posts, but when I place an attached image in my posts it remains a thumbnail which needs clicking to see it full size.
The strange thing is that in my forum it works fine, but that's because of an AdminCP setting for attachments. But still I see full sized images in posts here Huh .
Attachments are meant to show a thumbnail only if they are directly inserted into the post. They aren't meant to show a full size image.
I thought also so, but still I see full size images in posts.

I finally found the work-around though. Smile 
Show a preview, copy the link to the attached image (right click) and then place the link via code button Insert an Image. Tested in the test section and it works!!
Yea, I do that. A long time ago I made an edit to attach php to make the images go into posts full size. The only problem with that might be pageload time if someone uploads a huge image. I ended up using a lightbox.

Shadowbox served me well on 1.6 and it still works on 1.8 - just use the jquery version.
what do you mean pageload and thumbnail? does mybb create a thumbnail on the fly and serve that?

I thought it was just image html resizing, so the pageload should be the same
(2015-02-04, 01:17 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean pageload and thumbnail? does mybb create a thumbnail on the fly and serve that?

I thought it was just image html resizing, so the pageload should be the same

MyBB creates a thumbnail on upload. When you insert to post it inserts the thumbnail image, not the full image. By using the workaround Ad mentions then the full-size images are in the post, not the thumb. Put a lot of those images on a showthread page and if they are big enough they will certainly impact page load time.

I used a lightbox, so the small image loaded when the page loaded, and then on click the big image loaded.
this is really cool !! so you can use it to hide the main image?

what is the link to the thumb and what is the link to the original image, if you were to call it from the templates?
(2015-02-04, 12:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem with that might be pageload time if someone uploads a huge image.

That will not a problem with me, I think. It handles more about some screenshots, of which having hem full sized in a post increases the readability of the post.
(2015-02-04, 08:45 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-04, 12:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem with that might be pageload time if someone uploads a huge image.

That will not a problem with me, I think. It handles more about some screenshots, of which having hem full sized in a post increases the readability of the post.

thats where you can use the magic of Javascript to enlarge it, if you know what the links are Toungue

this makes myBB a out of the box photographers' friend, if they intent to sell their images but just want people to review the photo in low res first !!
(2015-02-04, 08:45 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]That will not a problem with me, I think. It handles more about some screenshots, of which having hem full sized in a post increases the readability of the post.

Totally agree Ad. It was image management that got me started on XThreads - I wanted a better way to manage images. You should check it out maybe - its amazing.
Pages: 1 2