MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post requirement help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-02-07, 07:10 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-07, 06:56 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-07, 06:23 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]I did do that but that i did for premium can we not do it simple way? so all users are restricted rather than creating separate group.

goto the permissions page of that forum, set custom permissions for all usergroup to disable viewing/posting as you need...

again thats not what im looking for! that will restrict it totally! I want to restrict to 5 posts before being allowed to post thread.

Your being offered help here and you aren't too pleased with what's being offered. Just apply a group promotion as suggested, it's probably your best bet and easiest way about it. Adding additional plugins will only use up more resources than what is really required. Not to mention using an additional group would make it a lot easier to customise down the line for more sections and updating so they need a minimum reputation if you'd like.
(2015-02-07, 09:40 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-07, 07:10 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-07, 06:56 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-07, 06:23 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]I did do that but that i did for premium can we not do it simple way? so all users are restricted rather than creating separate group.

goto the permissions page of that forum, set custom permissions for all usergroup to disable viewing/posting as you need...

again thats not what im looking for! that will restrict it totally! I want to restrict to 5 posts before being allowed to post thread.

Your being offered help here and you aren't too pleased with what's being offered. Just apply a group promotion as suggested, it's probably your best bet and easiest way about it. Adding additional plugins will only use up more resources than what is really required. Not to mention using an additional group would make it a lot easier to customise down the line for more sections and updating so they need a minimum reputation if you'd like.

I did not say I was not pleased but its just not what I'm looking for, I know how to do the basics such as groups but was asking if there is a way to add option with post count. but anyways I might add group for now.
Pages: 1 2