MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Fassim Anti Spam work with Mybb 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does Fassim Anti Spam 1.21 work with MyBB 1.8

Does Fassim Anti Spam 1.3 work with MyBB 1.8

Thank you for your help.
instead, you can make use of security questions and Stop Forum Spam which are part of the core features in 1.8
(2015-02-07, 11:38 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]instead, you can make use of security questions and Stop Forum Spam which are part of the core features in 1.8

Are you saying that Fassim Anti Spam definitely will not work with MyBB 1.8?

Thanks
i am saying, why you need to use a plugin when the same functionality can be achieved without a plugin... 
(2015-02-07, 12:17 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]i am saying, why you need to use a plugin when the same functionality can be achieved without a plugin... 

I have had excellent results and sleep well at night with Fassim Anti Spam protecting my forum and would like to keep using it.
I am still looking for an answer to question in OP.
If you want to explore the possibilities of 1.8 without upgrading your site then you can install a copy on your local host.; alternatively, you can install 1.8 to a subdomain of your site.

In both cases you will be able to test most plugins yourself.

At this moment in time, the existing plugin is for 1.6. If you wish to know if it works for 1.8 and you do not wish to test it "live" then you should try to contact the mod developer.

I cannot answer your question as that mod is not core MyBB and I am not it's developer. I hope my suggestion is helpful to you.
The previous suggestion is not suitable for my situation and I sent a PM to the plugin developer but have not received a reply.

What is needed is someone who used Fassim Anti Spam plugin for MyBB in 1.6 and has used it in 1.8
Does anyone know if it would cause harm to use Fassim Anti Spam in MyBB 1.8
Yes Fassim Anti Spam 1.21 will work with MyBB 1.8 after modification. Suggested to me by plugin author:

kmoneil Wrote:If you edit the fassim.php the line that shows

"compatibility" => "16*",

change to

"compatibility" => "18*",
Pages: 1 2