MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Upgrading to 1.2.3? Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list' ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have at least 10 threads about this: If you've just upgraded to 1.2.3 and you get this SQL error:

Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1'

Solution: Run the upgrader Smile install/upgrade.php
LOL hope this time this will work and people will not ask about this anymore rather read about it hereToungue
yeah, you'd think they could at least search before posting, since there are SO many threads about it...and recent too. Not as if the solution would be that hard to find or they would have to dig deep to find them! Big Grin
Help!!
Sorry Guys still getting the same error.
Do the shutdown and start up of DB required??
If you are still getting this error than I am 100% sure that it's because you didn't run the upgrade script.
its after the upgrade script
Will there be any harm if i run it again?
No. If your getting the error then you didn't run the upgrade script properly.
Thanks

I was using 1.2.2 upgrade from install.
By using 1.2.3 upgrade done the trick
thanx
Well obviously you aren't upgrading to 1.2.2. Therefore it didn't work.
I got this in a fresh test forum with nothing in it. Followed to the letter the upgrade instructions of both the readme and the wiki, run the updater.php but I get this error.
Incidentally, the admin cp works fine, its just the forum thats acting up.

One question though... the update.php doesnt seem to read the version properly,as it was seeing the existing forum as v1.2.1 whereas its v1.2.2. I have done this twice, both times with a fresh upload/installation of 1.2.2 and then a upgrade following all the instructions as mentioned above, but i still get the same prob. any help appreciated.
Pages: 1 2