MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation and Lost password emails going to spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does these automatic emails always go to spam I tried possibly everything to fix it! I can't find anything IP is not blacklisted! any idea? this is annoying!
are you using mail id associated with the domain name ? basically it is required (eg. [email protected])
Yes, I am! I set [email protected]

Any ideas...?
Try changing the "noreply" to "contact", this might help a little. You can even use a gmail id, as administrator email id. Something like [email protected] That will not go to spam mail.
(2015-02-21, 06:48 PM)_Jerry_ Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the "noreply" to "contact", this might help a little. You can even use a gmail id, as administrator email id. Something like [email protected] That will not go to spam mail.

Does this mean I'm locked out of an account? When I installed MyBB recently I created an admin account with my Gmail address. I have forgotten the password for that account (I know, I know), and the lost password routine is not sending me anything.

I presume the first admin account is assigned Super Admin, and no additional admins can have that Super Status. So it's particularly important for me to be able to get logged into that first admin account.

I can log in to the admin section with another admin username, so I'm not completely out of business.

Lane
^ you can change password of super administrator through database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin)
see common SQL queries guidance
or you can add another admin as a super administrator (see this) and modify earlier super admin account with the new super admin acct
(2015-07-01, 12:58 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can change password of super administrator through database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin)
see common SQL queries guidance
or you can add another admin as a super administrator (see this) and modify earlier super admin account with the new super admin acct

Thanks, the config.php edit did the trick for me.

But I'm wondering if all of our members who registered with email addresses other than one with the board's domain will have trouble retrieving their passwords when necessary?

Lane