MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: view able users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I go into the user & group tab in the ACP, I can only see 4 members of the forum.
[Image: test.png]

I know I have more members than those 4, and I can see them in the member list on the forum, but I can't see them anywhere in the ACP. What's weird, is that I can't search for them either.

I am certain I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what it it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
And what does the stats say on the index page?

Can you access the database through PhpMyAdmin?
I have 10 registered users on the stats page.

Where would I find the database in phpmyadmin? (The only place I can find phpmyadmin is on my hosting site... Is that where I am looking.)

I really appreciate the assistance.
Depends on your webhoster.
In most case, you have only one database, and the MyBB tables are prefixed with myb__.

Peharps you don't see the "awaiting validation" group by default in your ACP.

Have a look at ACP > Users > Views (button on the top right of the list) > Manage Views
(2015-02-08, 09:15 PM)Hayes Wrote: [ -> ]Where would I find the database in phpmyadmin? (The only place I can find phpmyadmin is on my hosting site...

Yes, login to your hosting site, and there you must be able to login in PhpMyAdmin (you have given the login data when you installed the forum).
When you are in PhpMyAdmin you see a list of all tables in your database (most times in the left column). When you click at the table users than you see the contents of that table (when you see only the structure you must somewhere click browse).
When you see the contents of the users table, do you see all 10 members then?

Note that users is preceded by the table prefix that you have defined at registration (something like prefix_users).
(2015-02-08, 08:57 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]And what does the stats say on the index page?

Can you access the database through PhpMyAdmin?

(2015-02-08, 09:22 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on your webhoster.
In most case, you have only one database, and the MyBB tables are prefixed with myb__.

Peharps you don't see the "awaiting validation" group by default in your ACP.

Have a look at ACP > Users > Views (button on the top right of the list) > Manage Views

I was in there trying to change to the default view of only members who need approval, that's when I made it happen to only see the 4. I changed all the settings back, but that didn't make any changes.

(2015-02-08, 09:26 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-08, 09:15 PM)Hayes Wrote: [ -> ]Where would I find the database in phpmyadmin? (The only place I can find phpmyadmin is on my hosting site...

Yes, login to your hosting site, and there you must be able to login in PhpMyAdmin (you have given the login data when you installed the forum).
When you are in PhpMyAdmin you see a list of all tables in your database (most times in the left column). When you click at the table users than you see the contents of that table (when you see only the structure you must somewhere click browse).
When you see the contents of the users table, do you see all 10 members then?

Note that users is preceded by the table prefix that you have defined at registration (something like prefix_users).

I do see all 10 of the members in there.
Check that you do not have any filters set on the view.
(2015-02-09, 03:08 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Check that you do not have any filters set on the view.

I think that is my problem, I just can't figure out how to undo it. I was trying to get it to default to only users who need approval. I can't seem to undo it. When I look at the filters, I don't have any set, that I can see.

The thing that confuses me is that I cannot search them through the ACP. They are on the board, and can post, and I can see them in the member list on the forum side. They just don't seem to exist on the ACP.
Is there a button called views? Above the option for table or card view? Click that and see if you can either select the standard all users or manage views and fix the filter.
When I click that, the view changes, but only the same 4 members. I made the mistake of editing the all members option. I didn't think I was making any changes that would affect, just showing some users first.
Pages: 1 2