MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a section like private
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

How to create section like this : http://community.mybb.com/forum-135.html
So similarly i have to make for all group in step 4. correct.

but i have one doubt in step 4 you have enabled for banned group. means user1 (banned) can check the user2 (banned) reply and thread, because banned group is common to all banned users.

but i need only that particular user and admin and mode can see the thread.

(2015-01-03, 04:06 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]1. create a new forum... say, "Ban Appeal"
2. open the forum permissions
3. hide the forum from all other groups... that is uncheck "Can view forum?" and "Can search forum?" for all other groups except mods and admin...
4. now for banned group enable
Can view forum?
Can view threads within forum?
Can only view own threads?
And all in the Posting Tab.
5. Save.
(2015-02-09, 12:38 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]So similarly i have to make for all group in step 4. correct.

Yes correct...

(2015-02-09, 12:38 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]but i need only that particular user and admin and mode can see the thread.

make sure the "Can view forum?" and "Can view threads within forum?" is checked for admin and mod groups....

(2015-02-09, 12:38 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]but i have one doubt in step 4 you have enabled for banned group. means user1 (banned) can check the user2 (banned) reply and thread, because banned group is common to all banned users.

No they cant... the "Can only view own threads?" permission will hide the threads started by other members....
okay i understand.

thanks