MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make all link inactive.. How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Instead of making them inactive like this _http://

i'd like that they won't be active at all. Is that possible?
Hello

Open ./inc/class_parser.php

Find
$link = "<a href=\"$fullurl\" target=\"_blank\">$name</a>";
Replace with
$link = "$name";
If you don't want to edit the code, here's a plugin that'll do it for you.  Not sure why you'd want to do this, but here ya go...
Thanks...
Quote:Not sure why you'd want to do this, but here ya go...

Privacy reasons (referrer)
I have a plugin that I wrote for my forum to strip the referrer. I don't like sending referrers either. I didn't figure too many people would be interested in it, but if you want you can have it. I just need to make a public version that's not tailored to my site, but that won't take long. That way you can still keep links.

Note though that the plugin will not work with users of the Safari browser.
Ok, here ya go.  Use this plugin and you can keep your links but ditch the referrers.

If anybody else thinks this plugin might be useful, I'll submit to to the mods site.  I never have because I just didn't think anybody else was interested in a dereferrer plugin.
Would also be nice to have a plugin that would make all links with attribute rel='nofollow'. Not sure if there's already a plugin that does this.
DennisTT Wrote:Would also be nice to have a plugin that would make all links with attribute rel='nofollow'. Not sure if there's already a plugin that does this.

Attached is the plugin you've asked for. Should work (tested). Made by me.

Do you want this plugin to also add the attribute to "WWW"s? (The user's website, that is.) I could do this. I'll either make a new one or make a configuration option... Maybe I'll even make a plugin with several such things editable.

[attachment=5544]