MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL error 1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Testing a new installation of current build. Entered a new user 'tester' with a pw through the forum, logged out and closed Firefox. Entered the forum again to log on as 'tester' and encountered -

SQL Error;
1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list'

Query:
SELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mybb_users WHERE LOWER(username)='tester' LIMIT 1

Any ideas, please?
Do you have the Login Convert Plugin activated?
I did have, but deactivated it and got -
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT uid FROM mybb_users WHERE passwordconvert IS NOT NULL AND passwordconvert!='' LIMIT 1

Assuming I can get back in, should Login Convert be activated or otherwise?

And thank you for the swift response!

BTW I should say that I had bee trying to use the merge app, but discovered it only deals with Vanilla 2 whereas mine is Vanilla 1. I shut the browser at that stage. Having read that the Convert plugin is used in that, I'm now wondering if that could be the problem?
The issue is now it believes it is activated and it doesn't deactivate unless all passwords are converted. To get around this find the loginconvert_deactivate function and comment everything out in it.
Thanks dragonexpert. Neither my eyes nor search could find loginconvert_deactivate but loginconvert.php was there. I backed it up and deleted it. That works. So thank you for the signpost!
I'm having a similar issue in that members cannot login or retrieve password until I delete the info in the passwordconvert field. I don't want to delete the column in case I get an error mentioned earlier. Is there an sql command I can use to remove all the info in the fields. I tried using

UPDATE mybb_users SET passwordconvert = ''

But I get the following error: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT NULL' at line 1

Help appreciated